the newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
all-over sandals Resort in the Bahamas Where three Americans were found dead in early May says it has now installed carbon monoxide detectors “in all guest rooms.”
Michael Phillips, 68, Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee, and Vincent Chiarella, 64, of Florida, were determined to die from Carbon monoxide poisoning at Sandals Emerald Bay at Great Exuma on May 6, according to a report.
“Despite initial speculation, Bahamian authorities have concluded that the cause was a single incident in a single detached building with two single guest rooms and was in no way related to the resort’s air conditioning system, food and beverage service, landscaping services, or poor play,” Sandal said. in a statement obtained by Fox News Digital.
“Ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests and team members is and always will be paramount. That is why we have taken additional measures such as engaging environmental safety experts to conduct a comprehensive review of all systems throughout the resort,” the statement continued.
In addition, carbon monoxide detectors are now installed in all guest rooms at Sandals Emerald Bay, and while they are not mandated in any Caribbean destination where we operate, detectors will be installed in all guestrooms across the portfolio.
Sandals also said she is still “devastated by the unimaginable event that took place at Sandals Emerald Bay Resort earlier this month that killed three people, including two of our beloved family members.” Travel Advisor community, and heal a fourth inmate.”
“We would like to once again express our deepest and heartfelt condolences to the Philips and Chiarella families,” the statement read.
A spokesman for Donis Chiarella, 65, the sole survivor of the Sandals accident in the Bahamas, has been discharged from HCA Florida Kendall Hospital in Miami, Fox News Digital reported earlier this week.
“Passionate internet buff. Twitter nerd. Introvert. Future teen idol.”