Russians attack in Donetsk region, 3 civilians killed
Three civilians died and three were injured yesterday following an attack by Russian forces in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine: the head of the regional military administration, Pavlo Kyrilenko, announced in a telegram. “On August 1, the Russians killed three civilians in the Donetsk region: two in Marinka and one in Solader. Three others were injured,” the report said. Ukraine will never make concessions on the basis of independence and territorial integrity: Andriy Yermak, head of the Kyiv presidential office, said in an interview with Japanese public broadcaster NHK. “In this war we will never make concessions on the basis of independence, territorial integrity and sovereignty,” Yermak said, according to Ukrinform. Yermak stressed that the next few months will be critical for Ukrainian troops on the battlefield, noting that a prolonged conflict would favor Russian forces. He explained that if the fighting continues through the winter, it will be very difficult for Ukraine to regain its territories. The Kiev military says some 41,170 Russian soldiers have been killed since the invasion of Ukraine began. In its update on Moscow’s losses so far, the Ukrainian military notes that 223 warplanes, 191 helicopters and 793 drones have been shot down. Ukrinform reports it. In addition, Kiev forces claim to have destroyed 1,768 Russian tanks, 936 artillery systems, 4,014 armored personnel carriers, 15 ships and 174 cruise missiles.
“Total zombie nerd. Extreme bacon scholar. Pop culture fanatic. Beer aficionado. Gamer. Amateur reader.”